First and foremost let me get this out of the way. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!1!One!!!!ExclamationPoint!! *Ahem* Sorry, I needed that.
Now, let me just say that this is what a superhero movie trailer should look like (I’m looking in your direction The Legal Proceeding of Batman v. Superman). It has everything you’ve come to expect from a Marvel movie; action, humor, Tony Stark, everything. Captain America: Civil War is shaping up to be one of, if not THE, best Marvel movies to date. Plus, SPIDER-MAN!
Here’s a brief run through of all the amazing (see what I did there?) things from this trailer.
- We see what’s probably a flashback to where the Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan) was being held. Some sort of Arctic facility.
- General “Thunderbolt” Ross (William Hurt) has the Avengers in a board room and goes over a list of places they’ve destroyed. New York, DC, Sokovia. Cap stops him after seeing the way it affects Wanda (Elizabeth Olsen).
- We get a quick shot of T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman) getting caught in some sort of explosion/attack. This may be why he’s so intent on taking the Winter Soldier down.
- An underwater prison surfaces. Is this the MCU Raft?
- We start to see which sides Captain America (Chris Evans) and Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) are taking.
- Black Panther gets a little bit more screen time as he takes down Bucky in the chase down the tunnel.
- We get a better look at Tony’s watch Iron Man armor set up and him blocking a bullet to the face from Bucky with it. It’s gonna be really hard to be friendly to a guy that tried to shoot you in the face.
- War Machine (Don Cheadle) gets shot down and Tony holds his body as if he was dead. Is this the major death we’ve heard about?
- Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) tells Tony that she’s not the one that needs to watch their back. But is she talking about Cap or Tony?
- We get a bit more of the knockdown fight between Cap, Bucky and Tony.
- Black Panther and Bucky have a fight scene at the Airport location.
- Scarlet Witch uses her powers against The Vision (Paul Bettany). In the comics these two get married. If they have feelings for each other, this scene could have different connotations.
- We get a really cool moment of Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) shooting an arrow that has Ant-Man (Paul Rudd) riding on it!
- A shot of Crossbones (Frank Grillo) punching Cap across some sort of cafe. It’s been rumored that Crossbones is the actual perpetrator of the attacks and is setting Bucky up.
- We get the second best line of the trailer Iron Man tells Cap to “Stay down, final warning.” Cap reprises his line from The First Avenger and says in the same manner, “I can do this all day.”
- We get the two teams squaring off and running at each other as the penultimate shot. Which could be enough until we get:
- Tony saying he’s had enough and yells out “Underoos.” Spider-Man (Tom Holland) appears, webs up Caps hands, steals his shield, and says “Hi everybody.” while standing in a classic Spidey pose to close out the trailer.
Captain America: Civil War opens in the US on May 6th and personally I can’t wait.